Monday 6 September 2010

Even celebs love 'My Enemy, My Friend'! - Catch Up With Whats Been Going On..



Well a lot has been going on over the last few weeks and although I cannot fit it all in this little blog box, I will try and share with you as much as possible.

I am very excited because I got to meet a few of the Big Brother housemates yesterday at a charity event. Albeit, in my pyjamas! (long story as to why I was in my pyjamas but let me tell you it was embarrassing!)

I'm a big fan of Big Brother because I love people watching. I found this years one extremely entertaining because there were so many great characters, as well as one of the most genuine characters I think we've ever seen on reality TV - Josie. I dont think I've come across one person who doesn't like Josie; her accent, her modesty and just how unbelievably genuine she is.

I also got to meet the lovely Govan on my travels and Sam Pepper was present too, causing havok as usual - gotta love him! Govan and my dog, Milo had a little love affair and fell in love, by the time I had to take Milo home he wouldn't leave Govan to get in the car - he doesnt do this with anyone so Govan must be special! I've promised them that they can see each other again!

Some of the housemates took an interest in my book :) yay! And I've uploaded a picture of Josie and Sam Pepper holding it. Josie and Govan started reading theirs yesterday so I look forward to hearing their views on it.

It has only been 4 months since the book was published but it takes a long time to get the word out there. PR is a tough job these days with so many books being published but luckily I am starting to get a steady following from people all over the world which makes me so happy. I have received emails from USA, Australia, Eastern Europe, Israel and South Africa. It is also starting to make its way into the world of celebrity and I have had a few requests from actors, singers and people in the media to send them the book. Lets hope that this carries on and my story continues to get out there. Dont forget if you'd like to order a copy just go to Amazon and type in 'My Enemy My Friend' or Lauren Vaknine.

There is a very important message that I am trying to send out with this book, and that is to help children with childhood illnesses to deal with their illnesses emotionally from as early on as possible. My resentment towards my illness led me to a very bad place and it took me a long time to find my way back. I still have arthritis but I work at it every single day through homeopathy, meditation, positive thinking, affirmations and power of the mind. I do not take any conventional medication because I believe that everything starts and ends in the mind - our minds are capable of anything. It is my aim to help children with childhood illnesses - and their families - to deal with their illnesses and get emotional help from early on.

I have had meetings at the Houses of Parliament and I am trying, along with MP David Amess, to pass a bill whereby families of children with all childhood illnesses get offered counselling from diagnosis onwards. I believe this can prevent many peoples lives from ending up going down the wrong path simply because emotionally they cannot deal with the strain of their illness.

Next week is the official re-naming of the Royal London Homeopathic Hospital. It is going to be called the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine. The hospital have kindly invited me along to attend the evening where all patrons and members, including Twiggy and hopefully Prince Charles will be in attendance. Prince Charles kindly asked for a copy of my book a few months ago so hopefully I will finally be able to ask him what he thought of it. We hope that the new name for the hospital will attract more people, people who may not know about homeopathy but trust the term 'integrated medicine'. The hospital does of course offer so much more than just homeopathy. It is a hospital for people who choose not to use, or whose bodies do not accept conventional medicines and would like to take the alternative route. I would recommend it to any person with any illness. It has helped me more than I can express.

Speaking of homeopathy, another piece of news I would like to share is that I have officially been named Trustee for the British Homeopathic Association and I am so excited to get started with them.

Lastly, I would like to wish all my fellow Jews a happy, healthy and prosperous new year filled with only love, light and positivity. And to all those of you who are not Jewish, I wish these blessings to you too.

Love, light and positivity always,

Lauren xx

No comments:

Post a Comment