Saturday 9 February 2013

Day 12 - Day Of Rest

While Fridays in Israel are buzzing, full of life and simply electric, Saturdays could not be more different. Most things are closed. Businesses and shops are usually all closed for the Sabbath, and some restaurants and cafes are closed. The Kosher ones are all closed. If the weather is nice people tend to take walks, sit on the beach or simply stay at home relaxing and eating.

As I am in a hotel, and pretty much everything around me was closed save for a few cafes, I decided to make the most of my time. First, I got up and went to the gym. This is the second time I've used the gym since I've been here and the first time in many months that I have physically been able to. I am thoroughly enjoying it - as is the Bridezilla inside of me. I then came back, showered and sat down in front of the computer for best part of the day and wrote.

For those of you who don't know, I am half way through writing my second book, this time a fiction novel, and I managed to get two chapters done yesterday which made me feel like I had accomplished something. The fact that I had been to the gym and written 2 chapters had basically meant that I had accomplished a hell of a lot!! At about 5pm I got back into bed with a book and had a rest before I had to leave to meet a friend for dinner.

I walked the ten minute walk up the road to meet her and we sat and had a lovely dinner outdoors but I came over feeling all strange towards the end and so left to come back to the hotel. I know the treatments often make my stomach feel quite strange but I have a phobia of vomiting (currently having hypnotherapy for this!) so any time I feel even slightly sick, I panic. It eventually passed - after having my fiance stay on the phone for the entire walk home. I then proceeded to spend the next hour on Skype with my mum. Nothing like your mummy to make you feel better! - Even if you are nearly 29!

It's strange with the treatments because for two days now I have felt so great, but then out of nowhere it can hit me. But all in all, I am starting to feel a lot better. The jaw is still painful so hoping that will start getting better very soon as I now only have 4 treatments left.

About to leave for treatment number 4 now....

Only a week now until my fiance arrives so I am literally counting down the hours...

Love and light xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment