Saturday 16 February 2013

Day 19 - Laundry Day

My poor friend. Since I've been here every time I go to her house I take a bag of washing with me and we sit there like a pair of old Moroccan housewives drinking tea, waiting for the washing to finish. But on the upside it is one of the few places in Israel where I can get a nice cup of PG Tips. Being a devoted expat, she keeps boxes of them at home and she was even kind enough to give me a handful to take back to the hotel. I have since had 5 cups... I don't even drink it that much at home! I guess we just enjoy things that make us feel at home... (Thanks Lee!)

As you all know by now I've been feeling extremely exhausted and yesterday was no different. I came back to the hotel from my friend and all I wanted to do was sleep but I didn't really have enough time before my uncle was picking me up to take me back to theirs in Ra'anana for dinner. Have you ever got to the point where you're so tired you could cry? If you have you'll know how I felt. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep for as long as I could. The pains in the rest of my body had improved but my jaw was still stiff and throbbing.

Anyway I got myself ready and headed off to Ra'anana for my cousins sons 4th birthday party surprise. My uncle has his own Shawarma machine so they made shawarma with all the hundreds of salads, borekas, chips and loads more, followed by 3 different cakes, cake pops and nuts and fruits. You gotta love Israel! And more importantly, family. I feel so at home with this particular group of cousins (my dad is 1 of 10 so there are loads of them scattered around) and it kind of made me feel better.

It sounds like a cliche but sometimes when you get out, however crap you're feeling, you start to feel better, and I did.

Suffice it to say that the exhaustion has returned with a vengence today but it will all be over soon!

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend.

Love and light xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment